Flat Connections

Transforming learning through global collaboration

"Is it possible to have an excellent education without global collaboration? Why or why not?"

I believe it is very possible to have an excellent education without global collaboration. My parents and grandparents, etc. had wonderful educations without the use of global collaboration.  I think that the information provided to students in their native languages can be a sufficient education because that used to be all anyone had.  The use of the internet and technology has greatly changed the definition of education.  Because we are capable of learning through people and situations on the other side of the world does not lessen the fact that the education received solely from this country is still incredible.  However, I believe that the education that can be received through the use of global collaboration benefits the learner in many different aspects.  The learner is not only able to study and learn information from their native language/home country, they are able to expand their knowledge by learning about people and situations that are completely different from them. 

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you, we can have excellent education without global collaboration.

I definitely feel that global collaboration deepens the education experience of each student.  We have had some great leaders, Nobel Prize winners, etc., that have shown us that you can have an excellent education without global collaboration. However, I believe that the education through the use of global collaboration benefits the not only the student, but all of us if done correctly.

RSS

Find out more about Flat Connections!

2014: Nov. 17-21

Discussions

test discussion

Started by Samantha Jackson in Project Ideas May 26, 2016.

Makerspaces clip

Started by Jolanta Stephens in Uncategorized Nov 27, 2015.

ED 408 Chapter 1 Discussion 1 Reply

Started by Meghan Cole in Project Ideas. Last reply by Margaret Welch Fall May 28, 2015.

ED 408 Discussion #1 1 Reply

Started by Samantha Jackson in Project Ideas. Last reply by Margaret Welch Fall May 28, 2015.

Members

Events

© 2017   Created by Julie Lindsay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service