Transforming learning through global collaboration
We are now moving into week 3 of Building Bridges and trying to get all the organization pieces in place. At the beginning of any project there may seem as if there is an endless list of things to do, but once these organizational pieces are in place, we can all settle into the reason why we have elected to join the K-2 Building Bridges 12-2 project--connecting our students with others around the world in an authentic way.
First we all need to make sure we have :
• joined the Ning and introduced ourselves
• joined the K-2 Google group
• joined the wiki and filled in your section of the master class list.
Please wait to add to the Team Table as the teams grid is still a bit up in the air. We are waiting to hear from 2 people. Depending on their answers, we may move to 3 groups so that we can balance our numbers and diversity better.
• gone to Teacher Admin. doc and filled out Beginning Teacher or Veteran Teacher section.
This week we have two additional jobs:
• Create and post a class handshake introducing us to your class.
• Once the teams are finalized, connect with your team and choose a topic. Check off the box on the team grid.
Ideally we would each choose a different topic.
Julie has sent out a Timebridge for our next meeting. Hope you can join in. We know it isn't always easy because of our varied time zones, which is why Julie tries to vary morning/evening to accommodate both sides of the globe.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. Julie is in Argentina this week.
Where are we posting the handshakes? We are ready to post ours and looking forward to viewing the other classes handshakes.
Just found this post so I don't know how old it is. Post your handshake whenever you want to -- on the wiki.