Transforming learning through global collaboration
What level should we choose?
What is a handshake and why is it important?
- This is a first contact (like a first impression when we meet someone) and therefore, it is important that students and participants introduce themselves and become familiar with each other.
This also sets the mood of the project and motivates and engages students.
There are many ways we can do this:
1) Create a blog where students introduce themselves with a picture and a paragraph and others have to comment on ("nice to meet you" blurb).
2) Create a wiki profile and allow comments to "salute" each other."
3) Blog / discussion board where students introduce themselves, their school, etc.
4) Vlog or video entry introducing themselves.
5) Podcast / audio file exchange.
6) Media presentation / PowerPoint/Slide Show introducing themselves with comments from other students.
Why students at this age level need to create a handshake?
The handshake design your team has created - be specific
Further reflections as to what this handshake could be used for within the curriculum (once it is made)
IF you have time and motivation we would love to see live examples of the handshake you design!